Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Today is my Birthday

Dear Internet,
For three years I wrote this blog as a commentary about the political ongoings in Boulder, news, my battles with the city government here. That has passed now. So I thought I would write daily about my life here and what goes on in the world of new media, my friends, adventures and the world of television.

I run an Internet TV company of considerable size...at least page wise. We think it is somewhere near 100,000 pages of video. I say, think because it is so big it is hard to count it all. We have up to 7 part time full time employees. The company is run virtually from several home offices around Boulder. I sometimes think about getting an actual office. We'll see.

So today is my birthday. Well actually it is January 27Th. I plan on living to 121 years old with the health of a 21 year old at the end. I decided that in an EST training in 1982. So far so good. My health is excellent, though I could do to lose 70lbs. Gulp. I know. I have been going to a weight loss program. I work out with rick my trainer twice a week plus go to the gym 3 other days a week for at least 30 minutes. I don't drink or take drugs. Even though I quit smoking for 20 years, I do occasionally smoke. But i have some patches for that. More about all of this later.

Tonight I am hosting an official Obama Sate of the union speech party. 14 people I have never met are coming over between 6:30 and 8:30 to watch President Obama on TV. After, we'll discuss the speech. I am Internet casting it on http://www.boulderchannel1.com . So it will be the world watching us watch him. It should be great fun . I can't think of a better way to meet like minded people. I'll let you know how it comes out or you can interlope and see.
from the most beautiful small city in America
Boulder Colorado,
Jann Scott 364 days left

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jann! I hoping your 365 days of blogging is rewarding and revealing. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Cheers!

Life in Boulder said...

SC_Amperes @BoulderChannel1 i've been doing mine for nearly 1100 days, so i have some words of wisdom that i try to spread to the newcomers =) hahaha! 365ers need to look out and encourage one another, its definitely not easy at times.
if you need any encouragement or inspiration, check out ShutterCal.com... its a site designed with 365 in mind =)
10:28 PM Jan 27th from web
Reply Retweet SC_Amperes @BoulderChannel1 best of luck on your 365 endeavor (and happy belated birthday)