Monday, February 22, 2010

Got my kicks on Route66

Tonight I have been working on my Route66 travel video series I produced from 1995 til 2003. It's a 22 part 30 minute series:

"This is the story of journalist and talk show host Jann Scott traveling on historic Route 66. He has been documenting his travels since 1992, visiting with various road legends. This show is the most comprehensive in existence and is played on various public access stations around America. They are sometimes off beat and wacky, and other times serious. If you would like to see our show on your public access station in your city, sign us up as a community producer and we'll send the series to your channel. Contact Jann Scott for more information. This is a rare collector's series. Each show is 30 minutes long and is available on DVD."

What's really weird is that I first travelled Route66 in 1957 when I was 11 years old. My mother and I drove the "mother road" from Chicago to Flagstaff for Christmas vacation. This was when the road was still a US hiway, before the interstate system......though we watched for hundreds of miles while it was being built along side of Route 66. We drove it again the next year in 1958 when the TV series Route 66 was smash hit. We drove her 1956 T-Bird which she bought new .
My mother passed on in 1986, but the Thunder bird lives on in its original condition in my brothers garage back in New England.

from Americas most famous small city
Jann Scott
Boulder Colorado
340 days left in project

No comments: