Thursday, March 25, 2010

Snow, the sun, flowers, smoking and eating abstinately;

Dear Internet,
Two days ago we got slammed by another spring snow which was wet, thick and slushy. About 12 inches came down in my back yard. I say my back yard in north Boulder which is different than someones back yard in south Boulder. There they might have gotten 9 inches of snow since they are lower than we are. To my west 1/2 mile is the very foot hills to the Rocky Mountains and they would have received 14 inches. Drive two miles up a canyon into the foothills and there would be 18 inches of snow.
Well, anyway, I still have snow on my deck and all the talking about it here won't get it shovelled off so the sun can dry the wood and it can be painted later in the day. That has to happen before my Easter Bar-B-Que.

All of the crocus are up and crushed by the latest snow. It went from 67 to 30 in one day and dumped snow on us. But my daffodils are coming up, not damaged by the snow and are ready to bloom.......soon. The grass has been turning green for the last two weeks. Yep. Spring is here.

I notice the sun is now staying up longer. It gets dark between 7:00 and 8:00pm. I find myself not knowing what to do. Just a month ago it seems it was dark at 5:00 pm. But now it's light and I'm tired by 8:00 because I get up at 5:00 am or earlier. Though, I often take naps. Mornings are my best time.......my most productive time and it is important not to waste them which can easily happen.

Today is day 4 off tobacco. I want to stay away from that 1-3 cigarettes I've been smoking for the last year on and off. Today I feel pretty committed. Tobacco withdrawal is a real charge. Makes you bounce around a lot.

I am also trying to eat abstinately, by writing down my food, having portion control, counting calories, trying not to eat bread, cheese, sugar etc which trigger binge eating. Vegetables don't do that to me. Like, if I eat steamed broccoli and cauliflower, I don't have any desire to knock off a pizza directly after. Tell me I am the only one dealing with this??

from Americas most famous small city
Jann Scott
Boulder Colorado
317 days left in the project

No comments: